Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sam on Tradingschools.org Just Gets More Entertaining Every Day

Sam showing off his trading
acumen and overall IQ.  Lets
see your trading results
Sammy-boy. Ah never mind,
nothing to see there,
 keyboard warrior.
Hey sam, why don’t you ask Emmett on the trading methodology used for the robot?  I followed the instructions trading the “robot” to the letter. Then you can get off my ass for following what I was asked to do; things aren’t always what they seem.

So old Sam and lucky7 have continued to provide some great entertainment on tradingschools.org.  You can’t make this stuff up.  He posted a screen capture of my trading setup and noted that I used too many indicators.  There is actually only one indicator on the screen.  Of course, when you are an individual who cannot differentiate between oscillators/ indicators and support and resistance (SAR) you would probably make yourself look pretty silly when the informed traders take a  look at this chart.

The left side portion of the chart shows an order flow program which, for the uninitiated appears as a confusing set of numbers moving on an 8 range chart.  Early in my career, this was the trading method of choice and my first 3 years in trading were spent in a proprietary shop were spent on one of these programs.  They are not easy to use and take several months of training to use effectively.  Market Profile is included in this version of order flow, but I don’t use Market Profile because I don’t have a complete understanding of the system and sometimes take note of the “point of control.”  That is the extent of knowledge of Market Profile.

On the right side of my charts are several trading objects which are used effectively identify trades.  It’s those “indicators” that Sam seems find problematic.  I trade SAR and Reversion to the mean techniques that are very profitable.  I draw my own SAR lines and use dynamic support and resistance to keep track of the three previous swing points.  The Polynomial Regression Lines are set at mean regression points of 2 standard deviations on the inside line and 3 standard deviations on the outside line.  The yellow colored space between the lines simply indicates a zone of potential reversal and I use a specific technique initiating reversion to the mean trades.  There are two volume indicators on the chart as well.

I do use MACDplus which is the only indicator /oscillator on the page and have found it useful for trade confirmation.  I really don’t know why it is better than the traditional MACD explained in Gerald Apel’s work but it seems pretty effective for trade confirmation.  The whole setup isn’t very complicated when compared to an institutional traders chart.  Then again, these two dipshits certainly aren’t institutional trading material.  They are great Monday morning quarterbacks without much of an understanding of advanced trading techniques and repeat the same points ad nauseum.

I’m a big boy and can take the criticism, but it would be more “spot on” if they understood what they were talking about.

Lucky7 makes a good point, I went through a drawdown of $27,994 to $20,400 (28%)and the trade he showed was one where I just got stubborn with and should have exited long before it reached that level.  No excuses there.  Then again, drawdowns are a part of trading we all have to live with if you are reporting your trading accurately.

So, I give Lucky7 kudos for pointing out the truth of the matter.  It was a bad trade that I should not have let run as far as I did.  The trade did come back some, but no excuses from me on this one.  It was a boneheaded trade.  That is about all I can see positive about this moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment